BG Norge Receives Consent for Exploration Drilling in Southern North Sea
BG Norge (BG) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling with the West Alpha semisub. The consent relates to drilling of appraisal well 17/12-4 in the southern North Sea.
The well is located in the Egersund basin approximately 140 nautical miles southwest of Stavanger.
The well is part of production license 407 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 58 degrees 10' 37.579", E 3 degrees 55' 11.047". The licensees are BG (operator), Skeie Energy, Premier and Spring Energy.
Drilling is estimated to start in June 2009. Duration of the operation is approximately 70 days.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Skeie Group more info
- Rowan Finalizes Skeie Drilling Transaction (Jul 19)
- Rowan to Buy Three KFELS N-Class Jackups for $1.2B (Jul 01)
- NPD Issues BG Norge Permit for Appraisal Well (Aug 24)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)