Petrobras Reports Offshore Oil, Gas Find in Potiguar Basin
Petrobras notified Brazil's National Petroleum Agency (ANP) late Tuesday of an oil and gas find in the offshore BM-POT-11 block in the Potiguar Basin.
Drilled by Petrobras V jackup to a target depth of 3,515 meters, the 1BRSA710RNS well encountered oil and gas shows; however the find does not indicate commercial viability until the exploratory well is appraised and tested.
According to state-run Petrobras, any oil company operating in Brazil must inform the ANP of any oil, gas or hydrocarbon find within 72 hours.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)