Petrobras Reports Offshore Oil, Gas Find in Potiguar Basin
Petrobras notified Brazil's National Petroleum Agency (ANP) late Tuesday of an oil and gas find in the offshore BM-POT-11 block in the Potiguar Basin.
Drilled by Petrobras V jackup to a target depth of 3,515 meters, the 1BRSA710RNS well encountered oil and gas shows; however the find does not indicate commercial viability until the exploratory well is appraised and tested.
According to state-run Petrobras, any oil company operating in Brazil must inform the ANP of any oil, gas or hydrocarbon find within 72 hours.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)