Aker Solutions Aces Subsea EPC Work at Oselvar Field in North Sea
Aker Solutions has been awarded an EPC contract by DONG E&P Norge, as operator of the Oselvar field, to deliver a complete subsea production system to the North Sea field development. Contract value is approximately NOK 350 million.
Scope of work includes engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of a four-slot template with manifold, three subsea trees, control systems, subsea wellheads and 28 kilometres of steel tube umbilicals.
A similar EPC contract, for the Trym field, was signed between Aker Solutions and DONG E&P Norge in March his year. The Oselvar job is a contract option to the Trym agreement. The Oselvar contract is subject to Norwegian government approval of the plan for development and operation (PDO).
"We are pleased to once again being chosen as DONG E&P Norge's provider of a complete subsea production system. We will utilize our extensive North Sea experience, and our local manufacturing network, to deliver a successful project," said Mads Andersen, executive vice president, Aker Solutions.
The Oselvar field is located in the south west area of the North Sea, at approximately 70 meters water depth. The subsea production system will be tied back to the BP-operated Ula platform, located 23 kilometers from Oselvar. Current licence partners on the Oselvar field are Bayerngas Produksjon Norge, Wintershall Norge ASA and Norwegian Energy Company ASA.
The project will be managed out of Aker Solutions' headquarters in Oslo. The subsea equipment will primarily be manufactured at Aker Solutions' Norwegian facilities at Tranby, Moss and Egersund. Final equipment deliveries will be made in Q1 2011.
Contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: DONG more info
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Wintershall more info
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Wintershall's Libya Oil Output Sharply Lower At 10,000 Bpd (Aug 28)
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)