Aker Solutions Aces Subsea EPC Work at Oselvar Field in North Sea
Aker Solutions has been awarded an EPC contract by DONG E&P Norge, as operator of the Oselvar field, to deliver a complete subsea production system to the North Sea field development. Contract value is approximately NOK 350 million.
Scope of work includes engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of a four-slot template with manifold, three subsea trees, control systems, subsea wellheads and 28 kilometres of steel tube umbilicals.
A similar EPC contract, for the Trym field, was signed between Aker Solutions and DONG E&P Norge in March his year. The Oselvar job is a contract option to the Trym agreement. The Oselvar contract is subject to Norwegian government approval of the plan for development and operation (PDO).
"We are pleased to once again being chosen as DONG E&P Norge's provider of a complete subsea production system. We will utilize our extensive North Sea experience, and our local manufacturing network, to deliver a successful project," said Mads Andersen, executive vice president, Aker Solutions.
The Oselvar field is located in the south west area of the North Sea, at approximately 70 meters water depth. The subsea production system will be tied back to the BP-operated Ula platform, located 23 kilometers from Oselvar. Current licence partners on the Oselvar field are Bayerngas Produksjon Norge, Wintershall Norge ASA and Norwegian Energy Company ASA.
The project will be managed out of Aker Solutions' headquarters in Oslo. The subsea equipment will primarily be manufactured at Aker Solutions' Norwegian facilities at Tranby, Moss and Egersund. Final equipment deliveries will be made in Q1 2011.
Contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: DONG more info
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)