Det Norske Spuds Struten Prospect in Norwegian Sea
Det norske has as operator commenced drilling of the Struten prospect. This is the first of a number of operations in the Norwegian Sea. The drilling of exploration well 6507/3-6 in production license 383, started May 23, 2009. The result of the operation can be expected in July.
The main target of the exploration well is to detect hydrocarbons in the so called Fangst and Båt reservoirs. The vertical well will be drilled to the Åre-formation of early Jurassic age. The drilling operation is carried out with semisubmersible drilling rig Bredford Dolphin. The drilling rig is owned by Fred Olsen ASA and is being operated by Dolphin AS.
Det norske is operator holds a 55 percent interest in the license. The result of the drilling will be announced by NPD.
Licensees in production license 383
- Det norske oljeselskap ASA (operator): 55 percent
- VGN AG: 30 percent
- Concedo ASA: 15 percent
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Concedo ASA more info
- UK Firms Faroe and Valiant Bag 8 Licenses in Norway (Jan 18)
- Gygrid Oil Discovery Could Extend Njord's Commercial Life (Jun 11)
- Det Norske Spuds Struten Prospect in Norwegian Sea (Jun 09)