AWE Completes Hovea-13 as Oil Producer
AWE, on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reported that during the week the Hovea-13 ST1 well has drilled from 1730 meters through the target Dongara Sandstone and reached a total depth of 2,200 meters measured depth in the Carynginia Formation. The well has been cased and is currently being completed as an oil producer.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oil field, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east southeast of Dongara. Hovea-13 targeted the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field.
This well is the first of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region. Following Hovea-13 the rig will move to the Apium North-01 location in license L1.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)