ConocoPhillips Secures Drilling Permit for Wellbore 8/10-3
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a drilling permit for well bore 8/10-3. Wellbore 8/10-3 will be drilled from the Maersk Gallant jackup at position 57 degrees 02'23.48" N and 3 degrees 17'01.82" E.
The drilling program for well bore 8/10-3 applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 331. ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS is the operator with 40 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Petoro AS with 20 percent and StatoilHydro with 40 percent ownership interest. Production license 331 was awarded in APA 2004.
The area in this production license consists of the entire block 2/2, which is stratigraphicaly divided below crust Jurassic, the entire block 2/3 and parts of blocks 8/10 and 11. The permit lies northeast of the Ekofisk area in the North Sea. Well 8/10-3 is the first exploration well in the production license.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)