ConocoPhillips Secures Drilling Permit for Wellbore 8/10-3
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a drilling permit for well bore 8/10-3. Wellbore 8/10-3 will be drilled from the Maersk Gallant jackup at position 57 degrees 02'23.48" N and 3 degrees 17'01.82" E.
The drilling program for well bore 8/10-3 applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 331. ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS is the operator with 40 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Petoro AS with 20 percent and StatoilHydro with 40 percent ownership interest. Production license 331 was awarded in APA 2004.
The area in this production license consists of the entire block 2/2, which is stratigraphicaly divided below crust Jurassic, the entire block 2/3 and parts of blocks 8/10 and 11. The permit lies northeast of the Ekofisk area in the North Sea. Well 8/10-3 is the first exploration well in the production license.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)