NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for Wellbore 6407/8-5 A
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/8-5 A, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6407/8-5 A will be drilled from the West Alpha semisub at position 64 degrees 20' 56.6" North and 07 degrees 33' 44.3" East.
The drilling program for wellbore 6407/8-5 A applies to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 348. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 30 percent. The other licensees are GdF SUEZ E&P Norway AS with 20 percent, the Norwegian Energy Company ASA with 17.5 percent, E.ON Ruhrgas Norway AS with 17.5 percent, Petoro AS with 7.5 percent, Concedo ASA with 5 percent and Endeavour Energy Norge AS with 2.5 percent.
Well 6407/8-5 A lies 7 kilometers west of the Draugen field and 15 kilometers north-east of the Njord field in the Norwegian Sea.
The area in this production licence consists of parts of blocks 6407/8 and 6407/9 and was awarded in APA 2004. This is a sidetrack well which will be drilled from the main well 6407/8-5 S.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)