Diamond Offshore to Purchase PetroRig I from Jurong Shipyard
Sembcorp Marine's wholly-owned subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd, has accepted the bid by Diamond Offshore Services Company, a related company of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc to purchase the rig which Jurong Shipyard advertised for sale by private treaty. The sale is expected to complete by the end of June 2009.
The new build is the 10,000-foot, dynamically positioned semisubmersible offshore drilling unit PetroRig I.
Diamond Offshore President and Chief Executive Officer Larry Dickerson noted that "the transaction is in keeping with the Company's long history of opportunistic rig acquisitions. We believe there are multiple opportunities to employ this highly capable rig in our pursuit of future deepwater projects."
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc is listed in the New York Stock Exchange. It provides contract drilling services to the energy industry around the world and is a leader in deepwater drilling.
- Singapore's Sembcorp Marine 1Q Profit Slumps 86%, Outlook Subdued (Apr 25)
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)