Jurong Shipyard Settles Score with PetroRig I in US Bankruptcy Court
Sembcorp Marine announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd (Jurong Shipyard) has settled its disputes with the bondholders Norsk Tillitsman and PetroRig I Pte Ltd. This settlement is recorded by the US Bankruptcy Court.
Pursuant to the settlement, Jurong Shipyard will proceed to accept the highest bid which it has obtained through the bidding process it has put in place. This results in Jurong Shipyard being paid the balance of the construction costs, all prolongation costs and all costs and expenses owed to it.
This sale has also been approved by the US Bankruptcy Court.
- Singapore's Sembcorp Marine 1Q Profit Slumps 86%, Outlook Subdued (Apr 25)
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)