Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development
Saipem UK's Sonsub Division has been awarded a contract by operator Petrofac Energy Developments Ltd for subsea tie-in work at the West Don development in Block 211/18a, located approximately 150km northeast of the Shetland Islands in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The scope of work includes the installation, testing and protection of nine spool pieces and two umbilical jumpers connecting the 8" water injection, 8" oil and 3" gas lift production pipelines and umbilicals to the WI well, P2 well and subsea distribution unit (SDU) at a water depth of 172m. This will complete the subsea tie-back to the Northern Producer floating production unit (FPU) and bring the P2 production and W1 water injection wells on line.
The project will utilize Sonsub's dive support vessel Bar Protector, commencing late June / early July 2009.
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Iraq And Petrofac Sign $369MM Deal To Build Majnoon Crude-Processing Plant (Aug 13)
- Petrofac To Sell 49% Of Mexican Operations (Jul 30)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)