Venezuela Says Russian Consortium to Develop Junin 6, Not Carabobo 1
According to Reuters, Venezuela clarified Thursday that Venezuela's Official Gazette erroneously stated that a Venezuelan-Russian consortium will be developing an oil project in the Carabobo area.
In fact, the joint venture is not going to develop the Carabobo 1 central and northern blocks; rather, the companies will be developing the Junin 6 block, which has the potential to produce 200,000 barrels per day.
"This week or next a gazette should be printed with the correct block (Junin 6). Those blocks (Carabobo) are being publicly tendered," a PDVSA spokesman told Reuters.
The consortium to develop the Junin 6 block consists of state-run PDVSA, Rosneft, Gazprom, Lukoil, TNK-BP and Surgutneftegaz.
- Lukoil Taps SNC-Lavalin for Iraq Contract (Sep 06)
- Lukoil Reports 20% Rise In 2Q Profit On Stronger Oil, Weaker Rouble (Aug 29)
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
- Trump: US to Compete With Russia for Europe Gas Market (Jul 16)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Ifax: ExxonMobil Sees Russian LNG Plant's Capacity At 6.2MM T/Year (Jun 07)
- Russia State Oil Firm Starts Drilling At New Well Offshore Vietnam (May 15)
- Rosneft Appeals to Market With $2 Billion Buyback, Debt Cut (May 01)
Company: PDVSA more info
- Documents: Venezuela Resumes Domestic Crude Exports To Cuba (Sep 13)
- Documents: Venezuela's PDVSA To Reopen Damaged Port Dock By Month's End (Sep 12)
- Venezuelan Crude Sales To US Fell In August On Port Interruptions (Sep 04)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)