Venezuela Says Russian Consortium to Develop Junin 6, Not Carabobo 1
According to Reuters, Venezuela clarified Thursday that Venezuela's Official Gazette erroneously stated that a Venezuelan-Russian consortium will be developing an oil project in the Carabobo area.
In fact, the joint venture is not going to develop the Carabobo 1 central and northern blocks; rather, the companies will be developing the Junin 6 block, which has the potential to produce 200,000 barrels per day.
"This week or next a gazette should be printed with the correct block (Junin 6). Those blocks (Carabobo) are being publicly tendered," a PDVSA spokesman told Reuters.
The consortium to develop the Junin 6 block consists of state-run PDVSA, Rosneft, Gazprom, Lukoil, TNK-BP and Surgutneftegaz.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)