Wood Group Wins Engineering Gig for Ecopetrol's Onshore Facilities
Procesos y Diseños Energéticos ("Energéticos"), part of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC ("Wood Group"), has received a two-year, multimillion dollar, 100,000 man-hours contract from Ecopetrol to provide engineering services for its upstream onshore production facilities in Colombia.
Energéticos will provide conceptual, basic and detailed engineering for Ecopetrol's facilities throughout Colombia. Ecopetrol is responsible for Colombia's total production of crude oil & gas, with production (direct and associated) concentrated in the Upper, Middle and Lower Magdalena; the Eastern Plains and the Caribbean, and the provinces of Putumayo, Cesar and Norte de Santander.
"Ecopetrol will be investing nearly US $15 billion in exploration & production over the next five years, with a goal of producing 1.0 million barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOEPD) in 2015, up from 600 BOPD in 2008," explained Peter King, president of Energéticos. "Energéticos' experience engineering similar projects for international oil and gas companies operating in Colombia will provide Ecopetrol with high-quality, fit-for-purpose solutions critical to meeting their objective."
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Union Strike Halts Rigs At Ecopetrol Oilfield, Production Unaffected (Sep 06)
- CEO: Ecopetrol To Focus Spending On Drilling For Rest Of Year (Aug 24)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Cuts Planned 2018 Spending To $3-3.5B (Aug 15)