Wood Group Wins Engineering Gig for Ecopetrol's Onshore Facilities
Procesos y Diseños Energéticos ("Energéticos"), part of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC ("Wood Group"), has received a two-year, multimillion dollar, 100,000 man-hours contract from Ecopetrol to provide engineering services for its upstream onshore production facilities in Colombia.
Energéticos will provide conceptual, basic and detailed engineering for Ecopetrol's facilities throughout Colombia. Ecopetrol is responsible for Colombia's total production of crude oil & gas, with production (direct and associated) concentrated in the Upper, Middle and Lower Magdalena; the Eastern Plains and the Caribbean, and the provinces of Putumayo, Cesar and Norte de Santander.
"Ecopetrol will be investing nearly US $15 billion in exploration & production over the next five years, with a goal of producing 1.0 million barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOEPD) in 2015, up from 600 BOPD in 2008," explained Peter King, president of Energéticos. "Energéticos' experience engineering similar projects for international oil and gas companies operating in Colombia will provide Ecopetrol with high-quality, fit-for-purpose solutions critical to meeting their objective."
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)