Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia
Total has announced the discovery of a significant gas condensate field in the Niscota block of the Andes foothills, 300 kilometers north east of Bogota, Colombia. Total owns a 50% interest in the block, alongside partners Talisman Energy Inc. (30%) and Hocol (operator, 20%).
The exploration well, Huron-1, drilled a prospect to a depth of approximately 5,500 meters in a heavily faulted area, and encountered several reservoirs, one of which was tested at 3,400 barrels per day of gas condensate, and the others are still to be tested.
The appraisal of the Huron-1 structure is underway with the start of a 3D seismic campaign aiming to precisely define the importance of this discovery and to locate the future appraisal wells.
The Niscota gas condensate discovery further strengthens Total's interest in exploring in Colombia.
Total E&P in Colombia
The Group has been present in exploration and production activities in Colombia since 1973.
In Colombia, Total produced 23,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2008 mainly from the Cusiana and Cupiagua fields in which the Group owns a 19% interest.
North of the Niscota block, Total also holds a 55% interest in the Mundo Nuevo exploration block.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)