ExxonMobil Begins Coring Guarani Well in BM-S-22 License
Hess confirmed today that ExxonMobil is continuing its evaluation program at the Guarani well, located on the BM-S-22 license in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil.
Guarani, also referred to as the 3ESSO4SPS well, was drilled by the West Polaris drillship to a measured depth of 5,424 meters in 2,238 meters of water and will be further evaluated with the drilling of a sidetrack and coring of the well.
Brazil's National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, released data showing the West Polaris has commenced operations at the 3ESSO4ASPS sidetrack well in 2,238 meters of water. The well is targeting a measured depth of 5,088 meters.
Earlier this year, ExxonMobil notified the ANP that it encountered oil shows on two separate occasions at its first well, Azulao (1ESSO3SPS), drilled in the BM-S-22 block. Any concessionaire operating in Brazil must notify the agency of any sign of oil, natural gas or hydrocarbons in no more than 72 hours.
The second well to be drilled in the BM-S-22 block, Guarani is operated by ExxonMobil with a 40% interest, and the remaining stakes are held by Hess (40%) and Petrobras (20%).
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil May Add Gulf Coast Polypropylene Capacity (Mar 20)
- Traders: ExxonMobil Buys LNG To Chill Quake-Hit Papua New Guinea Project (Mar 19)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil, Hess Strike Lucky No. 7 Offshore Guyana (Feb 28)
- Hess Posts 13th Straight Quarterly Loss; Shares Dive (Feb 05)
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill Postpones Court Hearing For Restructuring Talks (Jan 25)
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)