Dragon Oil Turns on Taps at Dzheitune (Lam) 28/134
Dragon Oil has announced the successful completion and initial testing of the Dzheitune (Lam) 28/134 development well that was drilled to a depth of 3,280 meters. Initial testing of the long and short strings resulted in production rates of 2 ,685 bopd and 869 bopd, respectively, with further testing and optimization scheduled to take place over the coming weeks. The Dzheitune (Lam) 28/134 development well is the second well to be completed from the refurbished Dzheitune (Lam) 28 platform.
The Iran Khazar jackup rig has now skidded to spud the Dzheitune (Lam) 28/136 development well. The platform-based Rig 40 is currently drilling the Dzheitune (Lam) 13/135 development well.
Dr Abdul Jaleel Al Khalifa, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I am pleased to announce the successful completion and initial testing of the Dzheitune (Lam) 28/134 development well using the Iran Khazar jackup rig. While the current production rate is approximately 43,500 bopd due to the slow start to the drilling program this year; we, nevertheless, remain focussed on meeting our annual production growth forecast for 2009."
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: National Iranian Drilling Co. (NIDC) more info
- Blast Kills One At Iran Oil Rig, Fire Hits Refinery (Oct 28)
- Iran Kicks Off Drilling in Caspian Sea (Feb 15)
- Dragon Oil Successfully Tests 2 Turkmeni Wells (Oct 14)