AWE Recommissions Rig, Commences Operations at Hovea-13 ST1
AWE, on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reported that the Hovea-13 ST1 well has commenced operations after recommissioning of the rig. During the week, the well drilled out the cement plug and drilled new formation in a sidetrack hole to a measured depth of 1,730 meters.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oil field, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east south east of Dongara. Hovea-13 will target the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field. Hovea-13 ST1 has a planned total measured depth of approximately 2,200 meters.
This well is the first of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)