Petrofac Awards Manufacturing Gig for El Merk Project to MIS
UAE-based MIS has announced a new US $4 million contract awarded by its long-term client, UAE-based Petrofac. The project covers work to be done on behalf of the El Merk Project in the Berkine Basin of Algeria.
The project scope will entail mechanical design, procurement and manufacture of five cladded and stainless steel columns and is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2010. Petrofac is a strong repeat order client of MIS', having first established its relationship over sixteen years ago.
"This project further strengthens MIS' long-term association with Petrofac," said Kevin Hudson, MIS' Managing Director. "Adding to the success in our Marine and Rig New-Build value stream, MIS' strategy has focused on building our more traditional work and we're proud to see the progress on that front."
MIS' recent work for Petrofac included the completion of ten pressure vessels for the In Salah Gas (ISG) Compression Project, also in Algeria, which allowed MIS to gain experience and successful learning in Algerian codes and regulations compliance. MIS has long built its experience in handling projects involving high thickness vessels and this project is expected to further enhance that expertise."
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Maritime Industrial Services Co. Ltd. Inc. (MIS) more info
- MIS Wins Refurbishment Contract for Al Bzoom Jackup (Mar 02)
- MIS Receives Delivery Milestone Payment for SeaWolf Onome (Jul 21)
- Petrofac Awards Manufacturing Gig for El Merk Project to MIS (Jun 01)