Addax Petroleum, Genel Kick Off Exports from Taq Taq License
Addax Petroleum announced that, together with partner Genel Energy International Ltd., it has commenced the international export of oil from the Taq Taq license area. The crude oil is being trucked to the Khurmala station and is then exported to international markets via the Iraq-Turkey main export pipeline which runs to the Mediterranean port city of Ceyhan.
Commenting, Addax Petroleum's President and Chief Executive Officer, Jean Claude Gandur, said, "The international export of oil from the Taq Taq field is an important achievement for Addax Petroleum and a significant occasion for the Kurdistan Region and all of Iraq. Since our entry into the Kurdistan Region of Iraq four short years ago, we have been confident that crude oil exports would ultimately flow into world markets. We are very pleased to have commenced export as this area is poised to be a sizeable contributor to production and reserve growth for Addax Petroleum."
Earlier in 2009, the Kurdistan Regional Government approved a full field development plan submitted by Addax Petroleum and Genel Energy for the Taq Taq field which contemplates peak production of up to 180,000 bbl/d. Existing facilities at the Taq Taq field provide for production capacity of up to 40,000 bbl/d and the Corporation is in the process of expanding the facilities to 70,000 bbl/d of capacity. Following the successful exports by truck, a pipeline is expected to be constructed in support of the full field development.
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
Company: Genel Enerji A.S. more info
- Genel can 'Plan with Confidence' in 2017 after KRG Payment Promise (Jan 24)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Kurdistan Regional Government more info
- KRG Doing All It Can To Ensure IOC Payments Says Deputy Prime Minister (Dec 05)
- Gulf Keystone Confirms KRG Payment (Mar 08)
- DNO Receives Partial Payment from KRG for Oil Exports (Dec 03)