MPN Taps Acergy to Revamp 3 Wellhead Platforms Offshore Nigeria
Acergy has secured a contract valued at approximately $190 million from MOBIL Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), an affiliate of Exxon Mobil Corporation, for the revamp of three wellhead platforms offshore Nigeria in water depths of up to 35 metres. The contract includes an option, exercisable by MPN, for up to five further platforms.
Engineering and offshore work will commence immediately, using the Acergy Orion. Engineering support will be provided in Nigeria by Global Oceon Engineers Nigeria Limited 'Oceon,' our joint venture with Petrolog Engineering Services Ltd.
Bruno Chabas, Acergy's Chief Operating Officer, said, "We are delighted to have been awarded this contract from MPN, with whom Acergy has a long history of performing similar work. It provides an excellent opportunity to leverage our strong local engineering and project management skills with Oceon providing engineering support. This contract award further reenforces Acergy's strong presence in the upgrade and maintenance of conventional field developments in West Africa."
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)