GE and ABB to Provide Equipment for Increasing Production in Abu Dhabi
GE Oil & Gas, a world leader in oil and gas advanced technology equipment and services, announced today that a consortium consisting of GE Oil & Gas and ABB has won two contracts collectively worth more than $80 million to supply compressors, electrical systems and services for the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO). The equipment will be used for new gas lift and gas injection facilities at the Asab and Sahil fields respectively which are required for each of the two fields to achieve their production targets.
Owned 60% by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and 40% by Shell, Total, BP, ExxonMobil and Partex, ADCO is targeting to increase its production to 1.8 million barrels per day.
By combining their resources and experience, GE Oil & Gas and ABB were able to win both contracts against strong competition, offering a broad technology package that meets the oil production and recovery requirements of the Asab and Sahil projects.
"By leveraging our experience in working with extremely resistant and advanced technology materials for compressor components, we are able to provide equipment capable of handling the highly sour and corrosive gas compositions of these fields," said Joe Mastrangelo, vice president -- turbomachinery for GE Oil & Gas. "Our expertise in gas lifts and gas injection applications gives ADCO the confidence that our products can meet the challenges of these projects."
GE Oil & Gas is supplying centrifugal compressors for the gas lift project at Asab and the gas injection project at Sahil. ABB, a global leader in power and automation technologies, is supplying the variable speed drive system (VSDS) electrical scope, including motors, transformers and converters. The projects will be commissioned in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Aker Solutions, ABB Team Up To Develop Subsea Production (Apr 27)
- ABB Wins NOK 1.1B Statoil Power Contract (Mar 16)
Company: Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations more info
- State Media: China Secures $330M UAE Oil Field Deal (May 18)
- BP CEO Dudley Says Talks Ongoing on Abu Dhabi Concessions (Nov 05)
- Flowserve Receives Pump Order for ADCO's Bida Al Qemzan Field (Nov 30)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- GE's 12,000 Job Cuts Highlight Uneasy Shift to Renewable Energy (Dec 08)
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)