Environmental Services Specialist TWMA Clinches North Sea Contracts
Leading environmental services specialist Total Waste Management Alliance (TWMA) has secured contracts totaling around £10million in the North Sea this year, with the potential for some of the work to be extended.
TWMA, which employs around 300 people throughout the world, has supplied its TCC-RotoMill technology and personnel to treat and recycle the by-products of the drilling process for North Sea clients including Total, Petrofac, Maersk and AGR.
One of the main ongoing contracts for TCC-RotoMill services is on the Stena Spey at the Don Development for Petrofac.
Since the work started, TWMA has safely and successfully handled, processed and disposed of in excess of 1,080 tonnes of drill cuttings, recovering over 3000 bbls of oil during the process, which was returned to the client for re-use.
"Having the TCC-RotoMill on-site on the rig meant there was no costly downtime which can run at $350,000 a day and also meant more than 2,000 crane lifts and all associated logistics were avoided so it was clearly extremely successful in terms of environmental, cost and H&S performance," said TWMA general manager Neil Thomson.
"The fact Petrofac chose to continue working with TWMA on the Stena Spey is a clear indication that the TCC-RotoMill is recognized as a cost-effective, safe and efficient solution with a significant range of benefits for the operator and the drilling crew."
A spokesperson for Petrofac said, "The work TWMA is carrying out for us on the Stena Spey has avoided downtime and helped reinforce our safety-conscious approach in all our offshore operations."
TWMA works for a wide range of clients supplying services including the treatment, handling and recycling of the by-products of the drilling process both on and offshore. The introduction by research and development of a fully mobile form of the TCC-RotoMill technology; the TCC-RotoTruck, means the technology is capable of travelling to virtually any location required globally by the oil & gas industry. TWMA is also an expert in the planning, management and operation of industrial waste management programs.
As well as the Aberdeen HQ, TWMA has additional operations in the UK at Peterhead and Shetland, and internationally at Egypt, Nigeria, Norway, USA, Kuala Lumpar, Dubai and Libya.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)
Company: TWMA more info
- TWMA Welcomes MENA Manager (Dec 05)
- Maersk Awards TWMA Contract for Gryphon FPSO (Aug 25)
- TWMA Wins 1st Offshore Contract in W. Africa (Aug 16)