Geodynamics Reports on Habanero 3 Well Control Incident
Geodynamics, as operator of the Innamincka Joint Venture, announced that Habanero 3 has been brought under control and flow from the well has been stopped (day 28 after the incident.) A synopsis of the well control activities is as follows:
- Efforts to control the well with weighted mud were successful and the flow of steam and water has now stopped.
- The well has been secured with two cement plugs in the well bore.
An investigation into the causes of the incident and future implications for Habanero 3 is in progress. A program of work has been developed to carry out the investigation and will require the removal of the well head and damaged sections of the well casing for metallurgical and structural integrity analyses. The investigation will take at least six weeks.
Pending the outcomes of the investigation, drilling activities are in abeyance.
Geodynamics wishes to thank both Origin Energy and Santos for the help and support that each party provided during the well control incident.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: GEODynamics, Inc. more info
- Geodynamics Reports on Habanero 3 Well Control Incident (May 22)
- Geodynamics Updates on Habanero 3 Well Site Incident (May 06)
- Expro Plays Important Role in First Interventionless Well Completion (Jan 09)