ANP Ratifies Petrobras' Plans for 5 Pre-Salt Blocks, Rejects Extension
Petrobras has informed that the Brazilian Petroleum Agency (ANP) ratified the previous decision of its Exploration Superintendence, that approved the terms for the Appraisal Plans for blocks BM-S-8, BM-S-9, BM-S-10, BM-S-11 and BM-S-21, but rejected an extension term. This decision, however, does not affect the scheduled activities for the region.
As mentioned by a Press Release dated May, 14, the company's Strategic Plan considered the completion of all commitments Petrobras took on with the ANP within terms already defined, ratified now by the ANP decision.
Finally, we reiterate that considering the approvals that have already been granted and the facts known thus far, Petrobras believes there is no risk of having to return the concession areas, that it will fulfill the obligations it took on, and that there will be no impact on its Strategic Plan.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)