Alliance Engineering Aces FIATECH CETI Award for Automated Design
Alliance Wood Group Engineering received the 2008 FIATECH Celebration of Engineering and Technology Innovation (CETI) Award in the category of Automated Design. The award highlighted Alliance's capabilities as an innovator in single-lift topsides technology to deliver many of the industry's largest and most visible deepwater projects, utilizing designs assisted by AVEVA's PDMS 3D modelling software. The award focused on Alliance's significant responsibilities on the design of the topsides for ConocoPhillips' Magnolia tension leg platform (TLP). This operating facility was one of the first projects where Alliance utilized complete PDMS modelling as part of their design tool. It also highlighted 11 offshore projects designed by Alliance using PDMS, including Shell’s Perdido Spar.
FIATECH is a consortium of large asset construction owners and contractors, formed with the goal of improving design, engineering, construction and maintenance of capital projects. The award was presented to Alliance at the organization's CETI Gala, April 7, 2009 at the Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, Nevada.
Alliance President Norb Roobaert commented, "We are honored to receive the CETI Award from FIATECH, a prestigious organization of our peers. It further signifies Alliance's innovative contributions to the offshore oil and gas industry."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Alliance Engineering more info
- Alliance Awarded Engineering, Design Work for Tubular Bells Field (Jan 11)
- Alliance Says Hello to New CFO (Aug 05)
- Alliance Engineering Sets Up Shop in Marcellus Region (Jul 08)