Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia
Talisman (Colombia) Oil & Gas Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Talisman Energy, has announced a significant gas condensate field discovery in the Niscota Block of the Andes foothills, located 300 kilometers north east of Bogota, Colombia.
In the Niscota Block, the Huron-1 well, which was spudded in June last year, has been drilled to a current depth of 18,275 feet in a heavily faulted area and encountered several reservoirs. One reservoir was tested at 3,400 bbls/d of gas condensate. The well is currently being deepened to complete the evaluation of the prospective section. Further logging and testing is planned.
Talisman holds a 30% interest in the Block, with Tepma holding a 50% interest and Hocol S.A.(Operator) holding the remaining 20% interest.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)