Change of Personnel in Key Role at UK's Step Change Partnership
A change of personnel has been announced in one of the key roles within Step Change in Safety, the body set up to make the UK's oil and gas sector the safest in the world.
Support team leader with the partnership for the past two and a half years, Ian Aitchison, is returning to a newly-created role within Aker Solutions in Aberdeen. He is being succeeded in the Step Change post by Ian Crossan, who is being seconded from PSN.
Gordon Ballard, co-chair of Step Change and chairman of Schlumberger UK, said, "In Ian's time at Step Change there have been significant changes, and the co-chairs have expressed their personal appreciation of Ian's passion and commitment to the Step Change cause, the leadership team and the support team."
Rod Buchan, managing director of Aker Solutions, commented, "We are delighted to welcome Ian Aitchison back to the fold after his secondment to Step Change in Safety. Ian has made a huge contribution to the work of the partnership and should be proud of his time in this role.
"To take advantage of all the knowledge and experience Ian has gained over the last two years, his initial role back within Aker Solutions will be as HSE coach to drive HSE leadership in line management.
"This is an important appointment for us as we look to draw upon the most up to date knowledge the industry has to offer and use it to spread best practice within all the contracts and projects operating in our company."
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)