AWE Temporarily Suspends Hovea-13
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited (“AWE”) on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reports that the Hovea-13 well has been temporarily suspended.
During the week, a cement plug was set at the 244.mm casing shoe at around 1,340 meters to provide well security while drilling equipment repairs are carried out. Drilling activity at Hovea-13 will recommence when the repairs are completed. The next drilling update report will be issued when drilling has recommenced.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oil field, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east south east of Dongara. Hovea-13 will target the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field. Hovea-13 has a planned total measured depth of approximately 2,200 meters.
This well is the first of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in the Hovea oil field are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)