Dragon Oil Successfully Completes, Tests Dzheitune Devt Well
Dragon Oil has announced the successful completion and initial testing of the Dzheitune (Lam) 13/133A development well. The well reached a depth of 2, 975 meters. Testing of the long and short strings resulted in production rates of 1,488 bopd and 1,140 bopd, respectively, with further testing and optimization scheduled to take place.
The Dzheitune (Lam) 13/133A development well is the first well to be completed using Dragon Oil's own platform-based drilling rig, Rig 40, following its refurbishment and upgrade. Since completing the Dzheitune (Lam) 13.133A well, Rig 40 has skidded to slot three on the Dzheitune (Lam) 13 platform and has spud the Dzheitune (Lam) 13/135 development well.
In addition, the Iran Khazar jackup rig is currently on course to complete initial testing of the development well Dzheitune (Lam) 28/134 by the end of May 2009.
Dr. Abdul Jaleel Al Khalifa, CEO, commented, "I am pleased to announce the successful completion and initial testing of the Dzheitune (Lam) 13/133A development well using Dragon Oil's own Rig 40. Efforts to secure an additional land rig are ongoing, the drilling program is progressing well and we are confident of achieving our target to complete eight wells by the end of 2009."
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: National Iranian Drilling Co. (NIDC) more info
- Blast Kills One At Iran Oil Rig, Fire Hits Refinery (Oct 28)
- Iran Kicks Off Drilling in Caspian Sea (Feb 15)
- Dragon Oil Successfully Tests 2 Turkmeni Wells (Oct 14)