Petrobras Notes Extension Request to ANP for Pre-Salt Blocks
Petrobras, with regard to news published by the press concerning a decision taken by the Brazilian Petroleum Agency (ANP) that allegedly rejected an exploration term extension request made by Petrobras, clarifies that the company has not received any official information on such ANP decision yet. The Agency Board Resolution is still being drafted and will only be homologated in the upcoming meeting, which is scheduled to take place next week.
The ANP Exploration Superintendence had already approved the Appraisal Plans (PA) Petrobras proposed for blocks BM-S-8, BM-S-9, BM-S-10, BM-S-11, and BM-S-21. The company's Strategic Plan took in consideration this above-mentioned decision only.
Also, the company's Strategic Plan considered the completion of all commitments Petrobras took on with the ANP within terms already defined.
Finally, we clarify that considering the approvals that have already granted and the facts known thus far, Petrobras believes there is no risk of having to return the concession areas, that it will fulfill the obligations it took on, and that there will be no impact on its Strategic Plan.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)