J P Kenny Secures Largest Ever FEED Contract for Ichthys LNG Project
J P Kenny, (JPK), a subsidiary of John Wood Group PLC ("Wood Group") is to carry out front end engineering design (FEED) of the pipeline and umbilicals, risers and flowlines (URF), for the INPEX-operated Ichthys liquefied natural gas project in Western Australia's Browse basin. MCS, another Wood Group company, will design the dynamic riser system.
INPEX Browse Ltd (INPEX), operator of the Ichthys Project on behalf of joint venture participants -- INPEX (76%) and Total (24%) -- has been working with J P Kenny on concepts for the development since 2007. The FEED will require almost 200,000 man-hours of input and will produce defined solutions for the Subsea systems for the 850 km export pipeline.
Gerwyn Williams, Group Managing Director, J P Kenny said, "We are delighted to be engineering our fourth successive $multi-billion subsea and pipeline project on the North West Shelf. Our track record on projects such as Woodside's Pluto has been to create savings of hundreds of millions of dollars, and we are pleased that INPEX want to capitalise on that expertise."
Phil Brown, Operations Director of J P Kenny in Perth, added, "The riser engineering capabilities of MCS, a 2008 acquisition by Wood Group, will really help us to devise the best engineering solutions for this project, and the MCS team has been critical in developing our relationship with INPEX. This project will also involve significant contributions from JPK sister companies Ionik and MSi."
The Ichthys Project is expected to have an initial capacity to produce more than eight million tonnes of LNG per annum, approximately 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum and 100,000 barrels of condensate per day, at peak. The first shipment of LNG is scheduled to be loaded in 2015.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: MCS more info
- MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt (Jun 24)
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- MCS to Lead Wood Group's Advanced Subsea Technology Drive (Jun 09)
Company: J P Kenny more info
- J P Kenny Wins Julimar FEED Contract (May 20)
- J P Kenny Wins Services Contract for TAQA's North Sea Assets (Feb 11)
- Woodside Awards Browse LNG Development Contracts (Feb 10)