Norske Shell to Conduct Exploration Drilling on Ormen Lange
A/S Norske Shell (Shell) has received consent to conduct exploration drilling on Ormen Lange with the Leiv Eriksson semisub.
The consent is related to drilling of appraisal well 6305/5-3 S. The well is located in the Norwegian Sea approximately 100 kilometers northwest of the More coast, and is part of production licenses 208, 209 and 250.
The drilling activity will start between May 20 and June 20, 2009, depending on the facility's current exploration drilling.
Operates 31 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)