PSA Gives StatoilHydro Green Light to Drill on Sleipner Vest
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling and use the West Epsilon jackup drilling rig on Sleipner Vest.
The consent applies to exploration drilling of well 15/9-B-1, and use of West Epsilon to conduct production drilling of wells 15/9-B-2 and 15/9-B-8.
The drilling campaign starts in June, and is expected to last until December 2010.
Depending on the time for yard overhaul and the progress of the drilling, a fourth well may possibly be drilled.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)