Premier Oil Farms-Out 15% Equity in Block 07/03 Offshore Vietnam
Premier Oil announced that Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd has agreed to acquire 15% of Premier Oil Vietnam South B.V.'s equity in Block 07/03, offshore Vietnam.
The agreement includes a funding arrangement for part of Premier's 45% operated interest of the costs of the planned drilling program. Upon completion of the funding obligation and other principal terms of the agreement Premier will retain a 30% operated interest in the Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, offshore Vietnam.
The remainder of the 55% interest in Block 07/03 will be held by Vietnam American Exploration Company, LLC. (VAMEX) (40%) and PearlOil (Ophiolite) Limited (15%).
Premier's first well on Block 07/03 spudded on May 6, 2009. The well is being drilled on the Ca Rong Do prospect using the semisubmersible drilling unit Hakuryu-5.
This farm-in agreement is subject to Vietnamese Government approval.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Japan Drilling more info
Manages 9 Offshore Rigs
- Rosneft Makes Discovery at Wild Orchid Gas Condensate Field Off Vietnam (Aug 12)
- India-Led Joint Expedition Finds Large Gas Hydrate Deposit in Bay of Bengal (Jul 26)
- Rosneft Spuds PLDD-1X Well in Vietnam's Nam Con Son Basin with Hakuryu-5 (Mar 09)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)