PHI CEO Awarded MMS Offshore Leadership Award
The Minerals Management Service has awarded Al Gonsoulin, Chairman and CEO of PHI Inc., with the coveted Offshore Leadership Award. The award recognizes an individual in the corporate sector for performing an act or service that significantly enhances the Minerals Management Service's ability to meet Offshore Energy and Minerals Management mission objectives.
This year's award recognizes Al Gonsoulin for creating and fully equipping the first and most clinically advanced state-of-the-art Medivac helicopter specifically designed for offshore professionals. This revolutionary helicopter, with its extraordinary clinical capabilities and expertise, represents another industry first for PHI and will provide peace of mind to offshore workers while ultimately saving lives and reducing recovery times.
"I am deeply honored and humbled to receive such recognition from an institution as reputable as the Minerals Management Service," said Gonsoulin. "At PHI, safety is at the very core of everything we do. It drives our decisions, fuels our employees and pushes innovation across our company. Our introduction of the first dedicated deep water air medical transport system is one of the many ways we work ahead of our industry to not only meet, but exceed the extraordinary safety needs of our customers and employees."
Recipients of the Offshore Leadership Award are nominated for recognition by employees of the Minerals Management Service. This prestigious recognition was awarded to Al Gonsoulin at the Offshore Technology Conference on May 7, 2009 in Houston Texas.
PHI Air Medical S-76 C ++
PHI Inc. recently introduced the first dedicated deep-water air medical transport system. The PHI Air Medical S-76 C ++ service is a joint undertaking between PHI's oil and gas and air medical groups and is the first service to offer advanced critical care life support capabilities to those working hundreds of miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. PHI is a world leader in the helicopter service industry with more than 10 million flights hours. The Air Medical division is
one of the nations most respected air ambulance providers, safely transporting 30,000 patients per year in helicopters and airplanes across the country.
The new air medical Sikorsky S-76 C++ is specifically designed to serve the oil and gas industry. Its unique onboard medical capabilities and clinical expertise will bring a new level of care for those working offshore. By incorporating the world-class clinical expertise of PHI Air Medical, offshore professionals have access to unprecedented care in what some have described a flying emergency room.
Along with the most advanced medical equipment, the aircraft is manned with the finest and most extensively trained pilots and medical crews in the industry, and is the first helicopter to be equipped with Night Vision Goggles for use in the Gulf of Mexico.
A Company of Firsts
The introduction of the PHI S-76 C++, the first and only dedicated deep water air medical transport system, is the latest in a long line of industry firsts by the PHI Inc. PHI has flown more types of helicopters, under a greater variety of conditions, over a longer period of time, than any other civilian helicopter operator in the world. In fact, PHI has been behind virtually every major industry innovation of the past 40 years.
Notable firsts include PHI's creation and implementation of the Enhanced Operational Control program, which has since been adopted by the FAA as an industry standard and best practice. PHI is also the first company to introduce night vision goggle (NVG) technology into the Gulf of Mexico and the first to ensure that 100% of the air medical division helicopters are NVG equipped – far ahead of any other major operator in the industry.
About PHI Inc.
PHI, Inc. remains one of the world's leading helicopter services companies. Known industry-wide for its relentless pursuit of safe, reliable helicopter transportation, PHI offers services to the offshore oil and gas, international, air medical, and technical services industries. PHI pilots have recorded more than ten million flight hours, in virtually every type of helicopter and terrain known.
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- UK Offshore Energy Calls for Labour Party Meet
- Aker BP's 1.07 Bboe North Sea Projects Get Parliament Nod
- Coal Getting Cheaper in China Despite Heat-Induced Demand Surge
- Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Eyes to Fuel Sea Transport with Ammonia
- Distillate Crack Spreads Return to February 2022 Levels: EIA
- Americas Exploration Heats Up
- Gas South Inks Plumbing Deal for Its Consumers
- Saudi Oil Cut Risks Leaving Bitter Taste for Budget
- Irving Oil Starts Review That Puts Key Refinery on Market
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- TotalEnergies Inks Agua Marinha PSC in Brazil
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Regulator Fines Hilcorp Alaska in Latest of Over 60 Enforcement Actions
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?