Mustang Snares FEED Award for Jack & St. Malo Deepwater Project
Mustang has been selected by Chevron to perform front-end engineering design (FEED) for topsides facilities for the Chevron Jack & St. Malo Project, located in approximately 7,000 feet of water in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) and about 270 miles southwest of New Orleans in the Walker Ridge area. Jack & St. Malo will be a floating semi-submersible production facility with an initial nameplate capacity between 120,000 and 150,000 BOPD, 37.5 MMscf/D gas, and provisions for a future 200,000 BPD water injection.
The FEED, which will be performed by a peak staff of almost 70, started in 2nd quarter 2009, with completion expected in 2nd quarter 2010. Mustang completed pre-FEED services for the project in 1st quarter 2009.
Mustang also performed topsides design and systems integration services for Chevron's Tahiti spar facility in deepwater GOM, another of Chevron's strategic projects, and is currently providing engineering support for the offshore hook-up, commissioning and start-up.
Mustang has designed more semi-submersible topsides production facilities in the Gulf of Mexico than any other company, including topsides design for Chevron's Blind Faith, and for the largest producing semisubmersible in the world, Thunder Horse. Mustang also serves as technical editor for Offshore magazine's "2008 Worldwide Survey of Semi-FPSs & FPUs."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)