ConocoPhillips Gets Go-Ahead to Dispose of 7 Facilities at Ekofisk
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) has received consent for disposal of seven facilities in the Ekofisk area.
The plans for disposal of redundant facilities in the Ekofisk area, designated Ekofisk I, were approved by Royal decree December 21, 2001.
The consent is for the removal of the following facilities: Ekofisk 2/4-R, Ekofisk 2/4-P, Albuskjell 2/4-F, Vest Ekofisk 2/4-D, Albuskjell 1/6-A, Cod 7/11-A and Edda 2/7-C.
The time frame for the removal is the period 2008 to 2013.
The facilities will be transported to Vats in Vindafjord (Rogaland county) for final disposal.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)