Det Norske Gets Greenlight to Conduct Exploration Drilling on 6507/3-6 Well
Det Norske Oljeselskap ASA has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea with the Bredford Dolphin semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 6507/3-6, which is part of production license 383. The well has the following geographical coordinates:
N 65 degrees 47' 47.37", E 7 degrees 55' 16.5".
The water depth at the site is 377 meters.
Planned start-up of the operation is in May 2009. The expected duration of the drilling activity is 90 days (dry well) to 45 days (in the event of a discovery).
Bredford Dolphin is a third-generation semisubmersible drilling facility of the Aker H-3 design, built by Aker Engineering in 1976.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)