AWE Drills Ahead at Hovea-13 Well in Australia
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited ("AWE") on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reported that the Hovea-13 well was preparing to drill ahead after running casing at a measured depth of 1,344 meters. Progress for the week was 20 meters prior to running and cementing the casing. Delays were encountered waiting on essential rig repairs.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oil field, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east south east of Dongara. Hovea-13 will target the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field. Hovea-13 has a planned total measured depth of approximately 2,200 meters.
This well is the first of a planned 4-wAell drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in the Hovea oilfield are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)