NPD Grants Drilling Permit to Lundin for Wellbore 25/10-9 in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 25/10-9, cf. Section 8 of the resource regulations.
Wellbore 25/10-9 will be drilled from the Songa Dee semisubmersible drilling rig at position 59 degrees 06' 34.66" North and 02 degrees 10' 7.81" East after a stay at a ship yard.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/10-9 concerns drilling of a wildcat well in production license 304. Lundin is the operator with a 50 percent interest, while the other licensees are Aker Exploration and Endeavour with 30 and 20 percent respectively. The area of this licence consists of parts of blocks 25/10 and 25/7. Well 25/10-9 lies about 16 kilometers southwest of the Grane and Balder fields in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license was awarded in 2003 (APA 2003). This is the first well to be drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Endeavour Energy UK Limited more info
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- BMT Cordah Advises on 27th Licensing Round (Feb 19)
- Aker Bags Umbilical Gig for Endeavour's E. Rochelle Proj. (Jul 21)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)