StatoilHydro Sells Danish Interests on Continental Shelf
StatoilHydro and Bayerngas last week signed a contract transferring ownership of StatoilHydro's assets on the Danish continental shelf.
This covers interests in five licenses on the Danish continental shelf:
- 30% of 04/06, 05/06, 06/06
- 25% of 05/98
- 20% of 01/06
The interests are held by the fully owned StatoilHydro subsidiary, Saga Petroleum Danmark A/S, the ownership of which will be transferred to Bayerngas.
StatoilHydro does not consider offshore Denmark a core growth area for its exploration and production activities, and the divestment frees resources, both from exploration commitments and any future developments, for other major ongoing international projects.
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)