ConocoPhillips, Anadarko Underscore New Alaskan Discoveries
ConocoPhillips and Anadarko Petroleum Corporation today announced the discovery and test production from two wells in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska: Pioneer 1 and Rendezvous 2. Pioneer 1 was tested in March of this year and Rendezvous 2 was tested in winter of 2008. Both are located in the Greater Mooses Tooth Unit, approximately 20 miles southwest of the Colville River Unit development on the North Slope of Alaska.
Test production rates for these wells ranged from about 500 barrels of oil per day to as high as 1,300 barrels of oil per day of high API gravity oil. Gas production rates averaged about 1.5 million cubic feet per day for each well.
No further delineation drilling is planned for Pioneer or Rendezvous at this time. These two accumulations will be pursued as possible satellite developments with processing at the Alpine facilities in the Colville River Unit.
ConocoPhillips is operator of and holds a 78 percent interest in the Greater Mooses Tooth Unit, while Anadarko holds a 22 percent interest.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)