MIS Launches Mosvold's Hull 106 Jackup Ahead of Schedule
UAE-based Maritime Industrial Services (MIS) has successfully loaded out this week its fourth newbuild offshore jackup drilling rig, Hull 106, ahead of schedule as it reaps the benefits of the learning curve gained on the first two SeaWolf rigs. Hull 106 is one of two offshore jackup drilling rigs being built for Mosvold Middle East Jackup (MEJU).
A key benefit of the learning curve evident at this launch was a greater degree of completion in comparison to the launches of the first three rigs with Hull 106 being loaded out in fewer days since steel-cutting compared to the first two rigs (341 days for Hull 106 compared to 557 days for Hull 104), in addition to its being loaded out at the new load-out weight of 5200T, allowing more work to be completed with the hull still on land, thus contributing to greater efficiency.
Further evidence of the learning curve was visible in the reduction of manhours consumed at launch compared to the first rig built by MIS. Additionally, Hull 106 was launched with 150 T of steel outfitting and 260 T of pipe outfitting completed and 80% of the mechanical installation completed compared to 45% and 40% on the first two rigs, respectively.
Hull 106 and its sister rig, Hull 108, are a Friede & Goldman Super Mod 2 design with 30,000 foot rated drilling depth and an operating water depth capability of 300 feet (92 meters). This design is the first such design ever to be built and MIS' learning gained in terms of engineering expertise, QC advancement and productivity and manhour utilization, has resulted in accelerating the construction process.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Hercules Offshore Sells Jackup at 94% Loss (Jul 12)
- Hercules Offshore Lays Off 60 at Houston Headquarters (Jun 13)
Company: Friede & Goldman more info
- MIS Launches Mosvold's Hull 106 Jackup Ahead of Schedule (May 01)
- MIS Cuts Steel for One of MENAdrill's Two Contracted Jackups (Jan 26)
- West Taurus Ultra-Deepwater Rig Set to Drill for Petrobras in November (Sep 08)
Company: Maritime Industrial Services Co. Ltd. Inc. (MIS) more info
- MIS Wins Refurbishment Contract for Al Bzoom Jackup (Mar 02)
- MIS Receives Delivery Milestone Payment for SeaWolf Onome (Jul 21)
- Petrofac Awards Manufacturing Gig for El Merk Project to MIS (Jun 01)