Fairfield Clinches Acreage Near Dunlin Including Skye, Block 6
Fairfield Energy, through its subsidiary Fairfield Betula Limited, has completed the acquisition of acreage adjacent to the Dunlin Field from Shell U.K. Limited, Esso Exploration and Production UK Limited and Statoil (UK) Limited.
The acreage includes the undeveloped discoveries Skye and Block 6 and has been acquired jointly by Fairfield (70%) and its partner in the Dunlin Area, Mitsubishi Corporation’s subsidiary MCX Dunlin (UK) Limited (30%).
Fairfield's Chief Executive Officer, Mark McAllister, commented, "This acquisition, together with the 25th Licensing Round award of acreage immediately to the east of Dunlin, consolidates our position in the Dunlin Area. We see potential in the undeveloped discoveries which can be readily tied back to our operated Dunlin platform. In addition, there is significant prospectivity in the acreage which can be tapped by wells drilled directly from the platform."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Fairfield Energy Limited more info
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)