GE Oil & Gas Consolidates Operating Company Brands
GE Oil & Gas, a world leading company in oil & gas advanced technology equipment and services, has today announced the streamlining of its operating company brands.
Following in-depth market research and testing in 2008 among more than 800 customers worldwide, a transition has been made to a single GE Oil & Gas company brand interface to provide greater clarity and focus to all customers across GE's entire upstream, midstream and downstream applications and service offerings.
The simplified company brand and name structure involves using the GE Oil & Gas name for all acquired companies, notably VetcoGray, Hydril Pressure Control and PII, in the marketplace. However, to maintain customer recognition and consistency, specific branded product, application and technology names will remain consistent, for example the VetcoGray FullBore Subsea Wellhead System and the Hydril Pressure Control Blowout Preventer.
Michael Bellamy, General Manager, Marketing & Communications, GE Oil & Gas, said, "Following the acquisition and integration of VectoGray and Hydril, the transition to a unified company brand-name structure is a logical next step in driving consistency of the GE Oil & Gas brand across our entire business. We have listened to our global customer base and are now realigning how we communicate our market offerings with the way they think about their own businesses. We’re confident that with new branding, GE Oil & Gas will achieve greater consistency in the marketplace, strengthen our credibility in the drilling & production market, and help our customers better understand the full breadth and depth of our portfolio."
According to the new structure, the GE Oil & Gas portfolio of products, services and solutions will be re-grouped into six categories: Drilling and Production; LNG & Pipeline; Industrial Power Generation; PII Pipeline Solutions; Refinery & Petrochemical; and Global Services. The new company branding structure will be unveiled at the upcoming 2009 Offshore Technology Conference, being held from May 4 to 7 in Houston.
- GE's 12,000 Job Cuts Highlight Uneasy Shift to Renewable Energy (Dec 08)
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)
Company: Hydril more info
- GE Oil & Gas Consolidates Operating Company Brands (May 01)
- Athens Group's Increased Revenue, Growth Spurs Hiring Initiative (Feb 19)
- McObject Brings High Availability Data Management to the Ocean Floor (Dec 12)
Company: VetcoGray more info
- Hayward Tyler on Track to Deliver Motor to VetcoGray in Norway (Feb 10)
- GE Oil & Gas Boosts Lobito Tomboco Output (Feb 02)
- Shell Places First Order for VetcoGray Subsea Tree (Feb 01)