Eni Shareholders Approve 2008 Financial Statements
Eni's Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting held today resolved to:
- approve the financial statements of Eni S.p.A. at December 31, 2008 which disclose a net income of euro 6,744,606,179.37;
- allocate euro 4,385,965,842.07 of Eni 2008 net income of euro 6,744,606,179.37 remaining after the payment of an interim dividend of euro 0.65 per share as follows:
1. payment of the final dividend of euro 0.65 for each share outstanding on the ex-dividend date. The overall 2008 dividend per share amounted therefore to euro 1.30;
2. the amount remaining after the allotment of the dividend as described above paid to the Distributable Reserve ;
- pay said dividend effective from May 21, 2009, with the ex-dividend date being the May 18, 2009;
Payment of year 2008 final dividend
Eni S.p.A. shareholders' meeting resolved to pay the final dividend effective from May 21, 2009 (coupon No. 12) with the ex-dividend being May 18, 2009. Therefore, effective from this date, Eni shares will be traded without the right to the payment of 2008 final dividend.
In order to exercise the rights incorporated in the shares owned, shareholders whose shares are not yet in uncertified form shall previously deliver said shares to a financial intermediary for their deposit with Monte Titoli S.p.A. (the Italian Securities Register Centre) and their subsequent dematerialization.
The payment of dividends to Beneficial Owners of ADRs, each of them representing two Eni shares, listed on the New York Stock Exchange, will be executed through JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A..
Holders of ADRs will receive €1.30 per ADR, payable on May 29, 2009 to ADR holders as of May 20, 2009 record date.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)